default device

From: Boris Krivulin (boris@coalescent.net)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 04:18:11 PST

    Hello, is there a way to tell xscanimage and scanimage
    to use a specific driver with a specific device ? For example,
    I want to have the programs always scan from hp4200:/dev/scanner

    I realize that I can write a wrapper script for it, or to make an alias.
    However, using this method, I am having problems getting xscanimage
    recognized as a plugin in GIMP.

    If I don't specify hp4200:/dev/scanner as a device, both scanimage and
    xscanimage try to access the scanner with a wrong driver, and I am getting
    NAKs from the scanner in the message log, and my scanner is never found.

    Thank you,
    Boris