scanimage Segmentation fault with USB HP 5200C sane 1.0.X

From: orion-vianna@mailandnews.com
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 09:07:03 PST

    Ok I have the kernel drivers for usb and usb scanner
    usbfs that I need to mount /proc/usb does not compile
    I'm using Kernel 2.2.16 + usb patch

    I also have that test program from the scanner.txt from the kernel
    and no problem it works just fine.

    >cat /usr/etc/sane.d/hp.conf
    /dev/usbscanner
    option connect-device

    dll.conf have hp in it.

    >gimp-config --version
    1.1.25

    when I run ./configure

    *
    *
    disabling DC210 backend (failed to find JPEG library)
    disabling PINT backend
    *
    *
    is that bad?

    I know I have some jpeg library. I have a jpeg im my wall paper

    #>scanimage -d hp:/dev/usbscanner0
    Segmentation fault

    with the printer port it does not "Segmentation fault" still does not
    work
    But I didn't try very hard.

    I really don't know what I'm doing wrong :o/
    I'm running a "Linux From Scratch" distr.

    For 3 days now I'm trying to get this to work.
    Is a new scanner it works in ms windows. (and I also did a re-install to
    make it work)

    You are my only hope!

    Thank you!