Re: problems with xsane and gimp with localisation enabled

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 16:09:43 PST

    Oliver Rauch wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just experienced some problems (Segfaults, System hangs)
    > when I use GTK-1.2.8 with GIMP-1.1.27 or xsane-0.63
    >
    > gimp crashes the system, xsane ends with a segfault,
    >
    > If I use xsane with an old gtk version everything works fine.
    >
    > Did someone expereience simular problems?

    Hi,
    I found out a bit more about the problem.

    sane-config --libs
    does return:
            -lsane -ldl -lnsl -ljpeg -lintl -lm

    The option "-lintl" causes the problem.
    The other libraries but sane are not needed.

    Everything works fine if only "-lsane" is used
    instead of the options returned by sane-config

    (gimp crashed because xsane was started as plugin).

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch