Re: [snapscan] Problem with 2.4.0-test10 and AGFA SnapScan 1236S

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 09:06:48 PST

    Marcel Martin <mmar@mail.com> writes:

    > If this is a kernel-related question that should better go to linux-kernel or
    > the problem has already been discussed, please tell me. I've searched the
    > mailing list archive and haven't found a solution, so I'm asking you.
    >
    > I have an AGFA SnapScan 1236 S (=SCSI) scanner connected to an AVA 1505AE
    > SCSI adapter card. I could use it in 2.2.x kernels, but in 2.4.0-test kernels
    > it stopped working. I can insmod the aha152x module necessary for the SCSI
    > card and an

    eh, eh; that may be the reason why we have a few scanners still not
    working very well (mostly USB scanners so they probably use the latest
    kernel).

    Could someone with one of those snapscan scanners not perfectly
    working with 2.4-test try a 2.2 kernel (Timothy, Chris, Lawrence ?)?

    We should add this information in the list of reported scanners, too:

    Acer 300f
    ACERSCAN_A4____1
    Works (linux 2.2.17)
    300dpi
    SNAPSCAN300

    Acer 310S
    FlatbedScanner_4 (Vendor: Color)
    Works
    300dpi
    SNAPSCAN300

    AGFA Snapscan 310S
    ??
    Works but scanner doesn't start in 200 and 300 dpi colors
    300dpi
    SNAPSCAN300

    Snapscan 600
    ?