Re: [snapscan] Agfa 1212U problems?

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 20:01:21 PST

    Timothy Little <tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net> writes:

    > I'll be happy to test any modifications you might be able to suggest.
    > Otherwise, I can poke and prod the code myself to see if anything
    > looks odd.

    OK, well you can always try what worked with other models;
    you have to look for ACER300F in:
    * snapscan-source.c (if it blocks)
    * and/or snapscan-scsi.c (if the picture is full of noise)
    * and/or snapscan.c (if the picture has a puzzle problem : many
      melted? (mélangés?) blocks of pixels)
    then you replace ACER300F with the string for your scanner from
    snapscan.h (probably SNAPSCAN1212U) in the "if" test where are already
    many different models.

    I really don't think it will change something because your problem
    looks completely different for the ones that have been solved by this
    but...

    Your problem looks closer to the one reported by Lawrence Glaister or
    Chris Bagwell with their USB models. You should try a modification
    suggested some time ago by Lawrence in a mail on this list (it was
    about a modification in snapscan-source.c maybe one month ago?). I
    would bet more on this one for your problem.

    > I can see I have a lot more to learn about scanning software :^)

    So do I. I like it when things doesn't work but can be repaired in a
    more or less logical way (read "not like windows"). At least, it
    learns something.
    (OK it doesn't mean you have to break every now and then, you stupid
    computer, _only_ when I like it)

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net