Re: [snapscan] Agfa 1212U problems?

From: Timothy Little (tim@lilly-villa.little-possums.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 18:34:17 PST

    On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 02:58:36AM +0100, Sebastien Sable wrote:

    > You told in one of your first mails that you got your 1212U working
    > with a version of sane-1.0.3 (but without the new backend). Was it
    > working better than now?

    It's hard to say. I didn't notice this problem before, but since it
    only happens for some (fairly rare) combinations, I can't say that it
    is a new problem.

    > On the other hand (if it works like before) I can suggest one or two
    > modifications (but I don't really think they would work; your
    > problem is probably closer to the one of Chris Bagwell or Lawrence
    > Glaister).

    I'll be happy to test any modifications you might be able to suggest.
    Otherwise, I can poke and prod the code myself to see if anything
    looks odd.

    One strange thing that I noticed: usually the debug output shows
    differing Chroma offsets within a given scan, with different bytes per
    line. There are usually 3 occurrences of "Chroma" in the debug
    output, and the first one is different from the other two. This is
    independent of success or failure in scanning. Is this expected
    behaviour?

    I can see I have a lot more to learn about scanning software :^)

    - Tim