Re: [snapscan] Status on Acer 640BU tests

From: Sebastien Sable (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 07:02:39 PST

    Chris Bagwell <cbagwell@sprynet.com> writes:

    > With the current CVS software I can scan fine at 150, 300 dpi and
    > preview modes on my Acer 640BU. 600 dpi will lock up before the scan of
    > actual image data begins and not transfer any data. Haven't been able
    > to debug it yet but it appears to be different from the bytes_expected
    > problem Sebastien has overcome.

    Others people reported the same problem with SCSI scanners
    (1236s). Was it working in that resolution before (I don't know if I
    need to remove the bytes_expected change for those models or if it is
    an independant problem)?

    Ironically, my model, which is supposed to work only up to 300dpi,
    works more or less at 600dpi (it gives a 600dpix300 rectangular
    picture but it works). So it must be specific to some models.

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net