Agfa Snapscan-problem

From: Karsten Strunk (Strunker@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 04:24:08 PST

    Hi!!

    I have a problem with my Apfa Snapscan-scanner and I hope anybody might help me.
    I'm using the last version (1.0.3) of sane.

    Scanning the scsi-bus using scanimage -L works fine (/dev/scanner and /dev/sgc
    are just links to sg2)

    root:/>scanimage -L
     device `snapscan:/dev/scanner' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 flatbed scanner
     device `snapscan:/dev/sgc' is a AGFA SNAPSCAN 1236 flatbed scanner

    On my console I get the following message:
    Oct 30 21:56:49 Picard kernel: Detected scsi generic sg2 at scsi0, channel 0,id 5, lun 0, type 6

    Starting the test unsign "scanimage -d snapscan:/dev/scanner -T" fails, so that
    the whole system crashes.
    On the console I only get the message
      scsi bus is beeing reset
      aborting command due to timeout (channel 0 id 0 lun 0)

    But the last message is strange, because my harddisk has id 0.
    Only a reset can wake up my computer again.
    Does anybody here know what I'm doing wrong? It can't be a hardware-problem,
    because scanning using Windows on the same computer works fine.

    Thanx!

     Karsten

    My system:
    =========

    kernel: 2.4.0-test9
    sane: sane 1.0.3
    scanner: Agfa Snapscan
    scsi
                      -controller: Adaptec AHA2940 U2W-controller
                      -scsi cdrom
                      -scsi harddisk