Re: detection problem

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 09:49:34 PST

    On Fri, Nov 03, 2000 at 10:54:50AM -0500, Armando L. Caro Jr. wrote:
    > I have an Artec AM12S which gets detected by the kernel on the device sgb
    > at scsi0, channel 0, id 5, lun 0. The problem I have is that scanimage
    > does NOT detect any scanners. (FYI: Running Debian 2.2, kernel 2.2.14,
    > sane 1.0.1)

    I don't know Artec scanners nor the Artec backend, but ...

    At least my Debian doesn't know /dev/sgb:

    hmg1:~# ls -l /dev/sgb
    ls: /dev/sgb: No such file or directory

    So try /dev/sg1.

    > /dev/sgb

    > [artec] attach: open failed (Invalid argument)

    ---> no such file ...

    > /dev/sgb0

    Huh, I don't think you can partion scsi generic devices :-)

    > /dev/sg0

    > [artec] attach: device doesn't look like a ULTIMA scanner

    Correct. It's your hard disc.

    > scsi ULTIMA

    You may try "scsi ARTEC" because that's the manufacturer in your case.
    But "/dev/sg1" should also work.

    Ciao,
      Henning