Re: Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: John Craig (jcraig@agen.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 15:25:03 PST

    Yes, there are rpms for sane-1.0.3, sane-1.0.1, or whatever version you want, you
    just need to find them on the web (try searching in www.google.com for 'sane-1.0.3
    rpm' or something). The latest snapscan backend which correctly supports more
    scanner models is not included in the rpms, though. To get that you need to
    compile the source code as you have been attempting.

    When you did the './configure; make; make install' did you watch what happened? You
    should be able to scroll back the terminal window to see how the compilation
    proceeded. I always set the scroll preference on my terminal windows to at least
    1000 lines so I can scroll back further. Also, instead of issuing all three
    commands on the same line, do one at a time, and look at the result.

    Also, look in the source directory where you decompressed the sane-1.0.3 source
    code, and look in the frontend directory. xscanimage and others should be in there
    also if they compiled correctly. "make install" copies the program files from there
    to the destination directory (default /usr/local/bin).