2 cents

From: Arno A. Karner (karner@tnss.com)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 08:57:11 PST

    my 2 cents on orginazion
    split into two packages majorver.api-version.patch level
    keep even api versions stable, odd ones development-beta
    thats been working for the linux kernel since i can remember
    this allows you to output relativly stable test stuff because it will be
    up to the developers when to cut a release on odd numbers, people who
    test won't have to deal with cvs, and will give them a solid tag for bug
    reports. instead of i think i checked it out at noon, noon ? what time
    zone are you in?

    i was using 0.73 on redhat 5.2 was working fine, upgraded my boxes to
    6.2 now that 7.0 is out, got 1.0.3 ran configure, it compiled, it
    installed, both xcam and xscanimage core dump with nasty gtk error
    messages
    current gtk rpm's installed
    gtk+-1.2.6-7
    gtk+10-1.0.6-6
    pygtk-libglade-0.6.4-1
    rep-gtk-0.8-1
    rep-gtk-libglade-0.8-1
    gtk+-devel-1.2.6-7
    gtk-engines-0.10-3
    pygtk-0.6.4-1

    but i found out about gphoto here :<) which solved my imediate problem
    of getting the pics out of my olympus d-500l camera.

    that did configure, compile and work with the gtk i have installed.

    --
    My opinions are my own and not that of my employer even if I am self
    employed