Re: X-Frontends (xscanimage+xcam) and sane-1.0.4

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 13:36:06 PST

    James Tappin wrote:

    > While we're on the subject of organization etc. I think t would be good
    > idea if it were possible to build only selected backends (rather as is
    > done in gphoto where you only build support for the camera(s) you want) --
    > maybe it already is possible but if so it's not clearly documented. For
    > example, I only need Mustek support so I would like not to have to build
    > Agfa, Umax etc.

    Hi James,

    we already had a discussion about that.

    After all:
    the advantage of small compilation time and less hard disk space usage
    is not worth getting problems when several users get in trouble because they tink
    they have installed sane and it does not work because they did not install
    the correct driver.

    I still suggest to force compilation and installation of all backends.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch