Re: sane-config

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 09:09:06 PST

    Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

    > [Oliver Rauch]
    > > it looks like ld (=ld-linux?) is already linked to libsane-dll,
    >
    > the dynamic linker is not the same as -ldl. (On my installation
    > libsane-dll.so is linked with libdl, and things should work as
    > expected.)
    >
    > > I think that if the required libs are linked to the sane backends it
    > > should be enough if a frontend links against libsane.
    >
    > I believe you are right. Is this the case?
    >
    > > So if a backend needs a jpeg library, the library has to be linked
    > > to the backend lib not to the frontend.
    >
    > Yes, but is this the case at the moment? Is there an easy way to
    > implement this. At the moment, I believe all backends are linked with
    > the same libraries. The makefiles and configure scripts need to be
    > fixed to have it any other way.

    All I tested worked fine when I compiled xsane/xscanimage with
    -lsane
    instead of the options listed by sane-config.

    May be we should test it in the sane cvs:
    make sane-config --libs say "-lsane"
    and test it with the sane-frontend package.
    (The package is prepeared, where shall I upload it?)

    If it does work - good,
    if not: we do not change sane-config for sane-1.0.4

    Bye
    Oliver

    --
    Homepage:	http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch