Re: new snapscan user

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 13:53:57 PST

    On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 10:59:21PM +0200, Paul Floyd wrote:
    [...]
    > The build process under OS/2 is far from automatic: config.h is wrong,
    > the recursive make doesn't work, autoconf doesn't work well. It took me
    > about 3 evenings to build the 1.0.3 exes. Lastly, the
    > tools/sane-configure script is far from complete.

    That's not nice. I think the SANE developers won't refuse to include
    patches for OS/2 (if they can be included without disrupting
    installation on Unix). However, someone with knowledge of OS/2 must
    prepare patches and do testing. There seem to have been communication
    between Petter Reinholdtsen and Yuri Dario about the OS/2 port but I
    haven't seen any results from this.

    > Is there any decent doc on building sane?
    > Ditto, installation.

    For OS/2? I know only the README.os2.

    > Is there anyone working on the snapscan backend?

    There was some discussion about this backend, search the list for
    "[snapscan]". See also http://snapscan.sourceforge.net/ .

    Bye,
      Henning