Re: Agfa Snapscan 310 color problem

From: Sébastien Sablé (sebastien.sable@gmx.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 14:30:32 PST

    karlheinz.guenster@t-online.de (Karlheinz Günster) writes:

    > I'm not shure, perhaps is my problem similar with the Snapscan 600
    > too. I can get no scans with resolutions over 300 dpi with the
    > transparency-unit. What do you think, Sébastien, are your changes
    > for me too?

    Hi,

    could you explain more precisely : "I get no scans with resolutions
    over 300dpi with the transparency unit"? Does it block while scanning?
    Is it specific to the transparency-unit? Does your scanner normally
    supports >300dpi?

    The changes I made are very small indeed.
    1. in snapscan.c : corrects a problem because my scanner can't works
    with "non-blocking" mode.
    2. in snapscan-scsi.c : corrects a problem where the picture becomes
    full of noise after a few lines
    3. in snapscan-source.c : corrects a problem where the scanner blocks
    itself with quite big color pictures in high resolution (300dpi in my
    case)

    You can find how I corrected those bugs by looking for ACER300F in
    each file. If your model has one of those problems (in your case that
    may be problem 3), you have to put the string corresponding to your
    model in the "if" test instead of ACER300F (in your case probably
    SNAPSCAN600).

    Then if it solves your problem please tell us, so we can add it in the
    source for people with the same scanner.

    I will make a snapscan-29102000.tar.gz at the same place for 1236s
    models (since someone asked for it) tonight (GMT+2).

    bye

    --
    Sébastien Sablé
    sebastien.sable@gmx.net