Re: HP 6300 Scanner light

From: Janne Verhein Hansen & Mogens Bohl Pedersen (vehrbohl@get2net.dk)
Date: Sat Oct 28 2000 - 02:37:40 PDT

    Hello,
    I seem to have the same problem concerning the XPA unit on the HP
    Scanjet 6300c. I have an old 75 MHz Pentium system based on the
    microstar 5117 system (Apollo master) with a 4.50 awardPG bios. It is
    equipped with 128 MB ram. I use SuSE 7.0 pro with the 2.2.16 kernel with
    support for USB. I have connected the scanner via the USB port to a PCI
    USB 2 port card (VIA technologies VT82C586B USB (rev 4)). I use the
    latest Sane package 1.0.3 and xsane 0.62. The scanner works nicely in
    "ordinary" scanmode ,but in XPA mode, when the XPA unit is connected, it
    blocks after the XPA light has turned on and starts to scan. I have
    tried both xscanimage and xsane with same result, the scanner blocks.
    Is it possible to patch this problem ?

    Thank you,

    Mogens Bohl Pedersen