HP 5300C USB scanner !

From: Theodor Cranendonk (Th.Cranendonk@inter.NL.net)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 14:02:35 PDT

    I have a HP 5300C scanner connected to my usb port. My kernel
    recognizes it during bootup but xsane doesn't. I have installed the
    latest version of
    sane and xsane..

    when I run xsane, the light of my scanner goes on but after a while
    xsane reports that: no devices available.

    does anybody have experience with this scanner ? Are there any
    particular backends for this scanner?

    Thanks in advance!

    Theodor