Re: Strange problem regarding remote scanning

From: Dietz Proepper (dietz@rotfl.franken.de)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 06:20:40 PDT

    On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 06:25:45PM +0800, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
    > [Dietz Proepper]
    > > Did not find any. And the resulting picture should be garbled also
    > > locally in that case shouldn't it?
    >
    > No. The log messages would then go to stderr, and not affect the
    > communication between the frontend and the backend at all.

    I meant the case where someone writes to stdout ;) DBG should of
    course not be a problem.

    > I have no idea what could be the problem. :-(

    Hopefully I have some time the next days to get a little into it. But
    - my sane knowledge is at maximum 12 h ;).

    Due to the fact that I suspect the problem somewhere between saned and
    the snapscan backend I wanted to pull logs of the calls to snapscan
    while using scanimage and compare them to the same logs from a saned
    session. Do you think that might make sense?

    kindest regards

    Dietz