Xsane Library

From: David McCormick (dmccormi@shentel.net)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 07:13:52 PDT

    I am running RH6.2 with Helix Gnome latest. I have had no problems with
    sane or xsane in the past. I have sane-1.0.3 installed and while I was
    using xsane-0.59 all was well. I upgraded to xsane-0.62 and now can
    not get xsane to run. I keep getting the library.so.1 error message.
    According to the reading in the help pages, etc. if you are using
    sane-1.0.2 or above you should not list the lib in /etc/ld.so.conf
    file. I don't seem to be able to determine where it should go or what
    link to make. Xscanimage works fine I just would like to be able to use
    the seemingly more powerful xsane. If I remove xsane-0.62 and reinstall
    xsane-0.59 I now get the same lib error. Any one got an idea what I
    seem to be missing?

    Thanks for any help

    David