saned & net backend performance

From: Brian Craft (bcboy@thecraftstudio.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 13:35:54 PDT

    Hey -- I just started messing around with saned & the net backend for sane.
    I note that it's *much* slower than running locally. What is the bottleneck?
    I'm on a 100bT network, which I would think would carry the data faster than
    the scanner can send it over the usb (at, what, 12Mbit/s, or something?).
    But the scanner stops regularly during a network scan, apparently waiting
    for the client to catch up.

    b.c.