Re: SANE and general USB support

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 10:27:48 PDT

    Hi Chris,
    I am all for your proposed changes. I have both a scsi (umax1220s) and a USB
    scanner (Agfa snapscan 1212u_2). I don't know if you have read the latest
    proposals, but there is a sourceforge site being setup to work on the
    snapscan backend. This work involves integrating the usb patch into current
    source code in a manner which you describe. Your assistance would be greatly
    appreciated. I expect that the announcement of the sourceforge site being
    ready will happen some time this week. The intention is to get the snapscan
    backend into shape and tested for a variety of scanners so that the code can
    be integrated back into the sane source stream.
    Lawrence Glaister VE7IT email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
    1462 Madrona Drive http://jfm.bc.ca
    Nanoose Bay BC Canada
    V9P 9C9