Re: HP ScanJet 3300

From: Oliver Neukum (Oliver.Neukum@lrz.uni-muenchen.de)
Date: Wed Oct 11 2000 - 04:05:55 PDT

    Am Die, 10 Okt 2000 schrieben Sie:
    > I have an HP ScanJet 3300 which I would like to get working with SANE. I
    > am willing (though very time-constrained) to write a backend for it, but I
    > am still in the collecting information phase. Here is what I have found
    > out so far...

    The backend is probably already there.
    Does anyone know whether it is true that the 3300 uses the
    same command set as the 5300 ?
    If it is true, a backend exists.

    > 1) HP has not been forthcoming with the technical documents, so it looks
    > like a reverse-engineering job.
    >
    > 2) The scanner has 4 main chips on it.
    > a) is 256k buffer.
    > b) appears to be the main scanner control chip.
    > c) is an 8bit A/D.
    > d) appears to be the USB interface controller.
    > a) EliteMT -25j
    > 9912s
    > M11B416256A
    > b) NIASH00014
    > F7UJ0-000
    > 9939
    > c) NIPEDC0804
    > d) ESIC
    > ES8100QA
    > F3A329935
    >
    > 3) I have run USBsniff on the scanner under windows, but I don't know
    > enough about the output to do much diagnosis on it yet. I'll look at it
    > more later.

    Please send me the trace and the scanner device descriptor.

    > If anyone has some more information for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

    It has become possible on Saturday to use a 5300 under Linux.
    An existing backend could be used once the kernel driver worked.

            Regards
                    Oliver