Re: Mustek/LifeTec/Medion parport CIS driver

From: Eddy De Greef (degreef@imec.be)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 00:55:47 PDT

    Jochen Eisinger wrote:

    > Someone asked for information about CIS devices in order to write a
    > backend for the mustek 12000cp. this was in august 2000. I've been
    > moving last week, so my internet connection doesn't really work at the
    > moment... as soon, as this changes, I can search the mailing list
    > archive for the email addresses...

    I went through the archives, but I didn't find anything about a 12000CP.
    I may have overlooked it; a searchable archive would be more handy.

    > Basically, these CIS scanners use the same chipset, but the lamp has to
    > be set up differently, and I don't know how... it should be no big task
    > to figure this out (I think, the windows driver uses msfcepp2.vxd, if
    > this is true I can send anyone who is interested in it a patched
    > version) - but at the moment I just don't have the time to do it.

    That right, I already found out about the msfcepp2.vxd, but I didn't try
    to patch it yet (I don't even know whether I have all the necessary tools).
    It could save me a lot of work if you could send me a patched version.

    It should not be too difficult indeed. The lamp is already responding (it
    cycles its colors while it's moving), so it's probably just the read-out
    that we have to figure out.

    > If someone wants to figure out the "technical stuff", I'd be glad to
    > include patches in the mustek_pp backend.

    I'm willing to give it a try. I'll post my findings to the list.

    Eddy