Re: Hosting SANE.H at www.OpenOffice.org

From: James Cleere (James.Cleere@ireland.sun.com)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 09:03:50 PDT

    I am working with the team which is preparing the source code of
    OpenOffice for release at www.OpenOffice.org.

    The source code uses the header file SANE.H
    For convenience we would like to have the header
    hosted at www.OpenOffice.org. The alternative is a process
    where an open source developer must download a tarball from
    www.mostang.com

    My understanding from your introduction page is that the SANE API is
    available to both proprietary and non-proprietary applications.
    > The current source code is written for UNIX (including GNU/Linux)
    > and is available under the GNU General Public License (the SANE API
    > is available to proprietary applications and backends as well, however).
    No changes have been made to the header, so no patch would be required.

    Yours,
    James.