Lineart with xsane/mustek (Was: Patch for sane.tex (image polarit y))

From: Collins, Martin (martin.collins@sage.com)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 03:48:17 PDT

    Nick Lamb [mailto:njl98r@ecs.soton.ac.uk] wrote

    > We're all talking about 1bit RGB. Like 1bit of Red, 1bit of
    > Green, 1bit of Blue. So 1 bit per sample, but 3 bits per pixel.
    > Got a use for that?

    Can't think of one off the top of my head :¬)

    > > When I try lineart (with calibration switched on so it works)
    > > with my Mustek A3 Pro I get a grey-scale file. Xsane says
    > > the file size will be 1MB as I would expect for 1-bit but
    > > the pnm created is 8MB grey.
    >
    > Looks like an XSane bug, if the A3 Pro actually supports 1bit lineart
    > Did XSane let you choose binary PBM (that's what you want) ?

    I just used the default pnm filetype, I was under the impression that
    pnm covered binary, grey or colour as appropriate. I will try specifying
    pbm.

    Thanks
            Martin

    The statements and opinions expressed here are my own
    and may not represent those of the company.

    This e-mail is subject to copyright and the information in it
    is confidential. It is intended only for the named recipient.
    You are advised not to disclose the contents of this e-mail
    to another person or take copies of it.