Mustek backend 1.0-98 released

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Oct 03 2000 - 09:29:54 PDT

    Mustek backend 1.0-98 was released. See http://hmg.home.pages.de/sane/. If
    this link doesn't work, try http://www.swb.de/~vortex/sane/.

    This is a development version. If your scanner does a lot of backtracking,
    it may help to use option buffersize in mustek.conf (e.g. set to 1024).

    Please, all users of Paragon 12000 SP (or 1200SP) try this version. Maybe
    the stripes in color mode are gone now. There is some garbage at the end of
    a color image but this will be fixed in one of the next few releases.

    User-visible changes against 1.0.96 (included in SANE 1.0.3) include:

    * Support for Paragon 1200 SP Pro
    * Support for ScanExpress A3 SP
    * Increased minimum resolution to fix problems with some Paragon 8000 SP
    * fixed possible sources of segmentation faults
    * Fixed problems with cancelling scans for 3pass, series I and II scanners
    * Fixed speed for 3pass scanners. Chose speed automaticly for seies I and II
      scanners
    * Don't wait for the scan slider to return after the scan (if this is
      necessary e.g. for testing, use option force-wait in mustek.conf
    * Use force_backtracking automatically.
    * better halftone handling (now we only need a frontend (!scanimage) that
      can set the halftone pattern. Removed grain setting and included into
      halftone settings.
    * Three pass scanners can use contrast/brightness for all three colors now
    * Added quite a lot of safety checks

    Bye,
      Henning