Re: ANN: Backend for ScanAce and BlackWidow scanners

From: Paul Stear (paul@appjaws.co.uk)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 08:36:48 PDT

    On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, you wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > sane-pie is a backend for Pacific Image Electronics series of ScanAce SCSI
    > scanners, and the Devcom 9636/9630 BlackWidow scanners.
    >
    > A patch against sane 1.0.3 is available at
    > http://www.munton.demon.co.uk/sane
    >
    > The backend definitely works with the Devcom 9636PRO; other models may or
    > may not work. Testing and feedback would be appreciated.
    >
    > Simon Munton

    Hi Simon,
    Thanks for all your help, my Blackwidow scanner now works. I just
    need to understand how I make adjustments e.g. brightness, contrast,
    saving as jpg etc.
    Any advice from you or the list would be welcome.

    Isn't it great when things work?

    Well done to all

    regards
    Paul
     -- This message has been sent using Mandrake Linux
    and kmail