Re: Problems w/Sane Preferences Resolved+Q:for new users

From: Laurent-jan (ljm@xs4all.nl)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 04:03:47 PDT

    As a humble faq-maintainer, I have been following your discussion.
    Normally, when these kinds of problems come up, I add one or two
    questions. This time I suspect the problem is larger than just
    one or two settings in your device.rc file.

    Please mail me the horror-stories of the stumbling-beginner. They are
    helpfull
    for the improvement of the FAQ. However, do not expect me to have an
    answer to all the questions.

    A final note to all newbies: Please read the FAQ-question "how can I
    help",
    and especially the part of keeping a log and sening it to me.

    ken fisher wrote:

    > I have the settings restored. I did not find the answer written anywhere. I'm
    > using XSane as the front-end. Thank you Henning, I do appreciate your advice,
    > and it was helpful.
    > A question:
    > Is there some sort of beginner's guide to wisely using the many powerful
    > settings XSane has? Is there a need to write one? (perhaps from the point of a
    > stumbling beginner???)
    > This may be a totally ignorant question (rather like my last two...), but it's
    > not meant with any criticism at all. I'm thrilled to have XSane and the Gimp
    > to use. I'm just not being very successful at finding info that speaks
    > directly to XSane and developing user competency with it. Because I'm
    > struggling, the question was in my mind. Responses?
    > Begging your patience,
    > Ken Fisher
    > Anchorage, Alaska

    (c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
    reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including
    but not limited to telepathy  without the benevolence of the author.