Re: Porting Visioneer USB scanner on SANE issues

From: kwlee (kwlee@mail.pactech.com.tw)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 19:00:02 PDT

    > please start all tests with scanimage and xscanimage.
    This is because when i tried xscanimage, it reported that GTK
    is getting problem, so Karl Heinz Kremer suggest me use
    xsane and it did work for my backend.

    The current problem is that I'm not much understand
    the control flow about xsane if i use TWAIN concept
    to figure it out.

    So to the topic about resolution_list, in xsane.c
     xsane_resolution_widget_new(xsane_vbox_xsane_modus, xsane.well_known.dpi,
    so I have to assign well_known.dpi in order to genertae resolution_list,
    i can not find anywhere to query this value from my backend, if i assign
    this value in xsane.c, then i can see the resolution_list:)

    Another problem, how can my backend know a "scan session"
    is Preview or Real Scan, by Setting "resolution" or by tags ?

    kw
    kwlee@coloraid.de
    http://www.iphoto.coloraid.de For scanner profile information