pnm backend crashes graphical frontends (patch?)

From: mh (moloch@nikocity.de)
Date: Mon Sep 25 2000 - 01:50:47 PDT

    I don't know, whether this is of interest, since I can't find it on the
    TODO list.
    It seems that the pnm backend (still) randomly crashes the graphical
    frontends.
    (activate "Three-Pass Simulation"->scan preview->deactivate
    "Three-Pass Simulation"->activate "Grayify" and "Hand-Scanner
    Simulation"->scan preview->crash)

    IMHO the problem is a static variable which is used as a counter
    for an array. This one "points" outside the array under several
    circumstances.

    Can someone test the attached patch (for pnm.c in Sane-1.0.3) and
    confirm that it fixes the problem? (it does for me)

    Thanks

    Michael