sane_control_option() and sanei_constrain_value()

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Sat Sep 23 2000 - 10:57:50 PDT

    while testing the Mustek backend I found the following behaviour with some
    scanners:

    When increasing the y position of the scan area (br-y) to its maximum value
    with xsane I get the following message "Error: Failed to set value of option
    br-y: Invalid argument." from xsane (similar: xscanimage). This results from
    a call to sane_control_option() which uses sanei_constrain_value() to check
    br_y. The value of br_y seems to be a little bit higher than the maximum
    value (0.0001 mm or so). Maybe this results from rounding errors by
    SANE_FIX/SANE_UNFIX somewhere in the backend or frontends?

    My question: Has any backend maintainers ever seen this and/or has a solution
    to the problem (maybe check the min/max in the backend and set the value to
    the min/max if they are to high/low?)

    Bye,
      Henning