HP6200 (USB) timeout problem

From: Administrador ANC (mngr@acad.uncor.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 08:35:13 PDT

    Hello,

    I'm trying to get a ScanJet 6200C USB to work with Linux 2.2.16-3,
    (patched with the USB driver backport) and sane 1.0.3. The USB backport
    seems to work fine (the kernel modules load without problem and the
    hp_scan.c test program runs OK), but when I run xscanimage, the scanning
    stops several times and finally ends with an I/O error. I removed all
    the other backends except hp from dll.conf (as suggested in one message
    of this list), but the problem persists.

    Might it be a problem with SANE, the USB backport or both? Any idea
    about how to solve it?

    Thanks in advance.

    Fernando Cuenca
    Academia Nacional de Ciencias