Re: problems with 1.0.3 and color scanning

From: Lawrence Glaister (lg@jfm.bc.ca)
Date: Thu Sep 21 2000 - 08:16:24 PDT

    Hi Steve
    I have a couple of other ideas on the RGBRouter problem.... as I understand
    it, the router was designed to perform the data unpacking from scanner
    buffer format to the internal RGB sane buffer format while at the same time
    accommodating any color offset shifts needed (spatially aligning RGB). The
    new code uses offsets reported by the scanner... It could be possible that
    the snapscan 1212u is reporting bogus offsets that are getting the router
    totally confused... I will try and figure out how to ignore the offsets from
    the scanner and see if that makes things better. If you could describe how
    the elements of the rgbrouter structure are supposed to be used, it would
    help me decipher what is going on.
    An update on my earlier comment... the scanning of small color image at
    50dpi
    doesn't really work.... it doesn't hang xscanimage but the generated file is
    missing about 10-20% of its bytes and fails to open in gimp with an
    premature EOF message.
    I feel this is directly related to the rgbrouter problems. I'm getting quite
    an education in the sane code... its not one of the easier pieces of code to
    get ones mind wrapped around with all the nested virtual functions.

    Thankyou for your comments... I'll post some dumps of the router related
    stuff later today.

    Lawrence Glaister VE7IT email: lg@jfm.bc.ca
    1462 Madrona Drive http://jfm.bc.ca
    Nanoose Bay BC Canada