Re: whereabouts of snapscan-usb.[c,h]

From: Oliver Schwartz (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de)
Date: Tue Sep 19 2000 - 15:10:01 PDT

    > I just downloaded the latest
    > anonymous cvs version and I see that in backend/snapscan.c that there are
    > some comments about enabling the usb code... this requires the files
    > snapscan-usb.c and .h which are not in the cvs code.

    > Is someone holding newer versions of Henrikjs patch (his web site indicate
    > latest version is from feb 00)? Perhaps a pointer to his website in the
    > snapscan doc would be a worthwhile addition if a patch is the currently
    > supported usb method.

    Some time ago I made some changes to snapscan-usb.c to make it compile with
    sane-1.0.2. It seems that Henrijk in the meantime has silently done the same...
    you can get my versions from
    http://www.ginko.de/user/oschwartz/snapscan/snapscan-usb.tgz

    I think a better USB integration would be nice - I was thinking of adding an
    USB keyword to the snapscan.conf file to activate USB support in the backend
    (similar to other backends). Unfortunately this requires some restructuring
    of the code, since the current implementation uses a rather ugly method of
    'over#defining' the SCSI routines. I made a weak attempt on an implementation,
    but I don't find much time for it at the moment. If you're willing to do some
    work on it, please go ahead.

    Oliver