Re: SANE with ACER ScanPrisa 640S

From: Steve Underwood (steveu@coppice.org)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2000 - 18:14:24 PDT

    Oliver Schwartz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > as far as I can see it's not going to work out of the box - The SCSI ID string
    > "FlatbetScanner18" is currently not recognized by the snapscan backend.
    >
    > Hans, if you're able to do some experiments I can send you a modified versions.
    > You may also contact me directly (Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de) in german, if that is
    > easier.
    >
    > Oliver

    Ah, yes, I missed that. I thought 18 was an existing model value, but it is not.
    Anyway, a temporary fix is simple. Just add the line:

    {"FlatbedScanner18", PRISA620S},

    after the existing line:

    {"FlatbedScanner16", PRISA620S},

    in the file snapscan.h in the backend directory. As far as I know it should be OK
    to treat an Acer 640 like a 620, even though there are differences in their colour
    resolution. Please report back results, so we can build better picture of what
    works and what does not.

    Steve