Re: scanimage always connects to /dev/video

From: Peck Dickens (peck_d@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sun Sep 17 2000 - 01:00:05 PDT

    Sure, write a script that called find-scanner and then compared the returned
    data to the backend defintions contained in a text file... Thing is, as
    manufacturers revised firmware, project SANE would have to revise the text file
    that contained the definitions. Although I am new to this list and not as
    knowledgeable as others, I think this feature *could* be a maintenance
    nightmare...

    --

    Best

    M. Peck Dickens