io error on xsane

From: bob van der Poel (bvdpoel@uniserve.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 19:50:01 PDT

    Okay, I now have both my ide-scsi cdrom and the scanner working. It will
    not work from boot, I have to manually do a modprobe for both the
    ide-scsi and lha152x.... I ended up copying my old conf.modules file to
    do this...and I'm sure there's a conflict somewhere. Any ideas
    appreaicated.

    But, big problem now is that sane doesn't work. It's not my scanner,
    etc: scanimage and xscanimage both work fine. However, xsane comes up,
    but when I try to scan (or get a preview) I get a popup saying "i/o
    error". Any ideas on this????

    Oh, this is using sane 1.0.3 and xsane .61

    --
       __
      /  )      /         Bob van der Poel