patch to enable HP OfficeJet support

From: David Paschal (paschal@rcsis.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 03:00:55 PDT

    Hi. I would like to submit the patch below for review and (hopefully)
    checkin to CVS. It modifies configure.in to check for PTAL (Peripheral
    Transport Abstraction Library), which is an external I/O library that is
    needed to enable the HP OfficeJet support that Peter Kirchgessner checked
    into CVS for me a few days ago. It also adds to config.h.in a placeholder
    "#undef HAVE_PTAL". My changes to the HP backend that reference this
    library are wrapped with "#ifdef HAVE_PTAL".

    Comments, questions, suggestions, etc. are more than welcome.

    Thanks,
    David