Re: glib-gtk

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 08:44:35 PDT

    "Kai S. Loebel" wrote:

    > Oliver Rauch schrieb:
    >
    > > Hu Kai,
    > >
    > > when the new versions are installed at the same place
    > > this should be no problem. But rpm-Packages normally
    > > install in /usr/lib, the source packages normally
    > > install in /usr/local/lib.
    > >
    > > Bye
    > > Oliver
    > >
    > Hi Oliver,
    > many thanks for your reply- but is it possible to delete
    > the older versions without any rest of trash on my harddisk?
    > I think the old files won´t be overwritten from the new
    > ones, right? Is there a list of all files, which were
    > installed from the old setups of "sane" ans "xsane"?
    > Bye
    > Kai.

    There is no complete list.

    If sane is installed in /usr/:, the following removes it:
    rm -rf /usr/lib/sane
    rm -rf /usr/lib/libsane*
    rm -rf /usr/include/sane
    rm -rf /usr/etc/sane.d
    rm -rf /usr/share/sane*
    rm -rf /usr/bin/scanimage
    rm -rf /usr/bin/xscanimage

    if installed in /usr/local/:
    rm -rf /usr/local/lib/sane
    rm -rf /usr/local/lib/libsane*
    rm -rf /usr/local/include/sane
    rm -rf /usr/local/etc/sane.d
    rm -rf /usr/local/share/sane*
    rm -rf /usr/local/bin/scanimage
    rm -rf /usr/local/bin/xscanimage

    For xsane in /usr:
    rm -rf /usr/bin/xsane
    rm -rf /usr/share/sane/xsane

    For xsane in /usr/local
    rm -rf /usr/local/bin/xsane
    rm -rf /usr/local/share/sane/xsane

    xsane also installs translation tables for different languages,
    the path is different on different systems, but
    find / -name "xsane.mo"
    should list the directories and in these directories
    there also could be sane-umax.mo and sane-pnm.mo

    in the xsane sourcedir there is a script print-libs
    that prints relevant libs and includes.

    Bye
    Oliver

    --