JD11 Jenoptik, DC-100 Samsung, Argus .... (Mustek_pp SM4800P)

From: Michael Petruzelka (michael@root.at)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 01:19:41 PDT

    Hi out there,

    Some days ago I tried the new SANE release and it worked nearly out of the
    box (if I had read anything about paths differences between Red Hat and
    SuSE...).

    But it works and lookes really great, there are some minor bugs (eg. why
    cuts the Mustek SM4800P at the left 5mm of the scanable area) but they
    should be no problem.

    My main reason I write here is that I want to know about the JD11 Jenoptic
    also known as Samsung DC100 and so on.
    Is there anybody out there writing a backend for this camera?
    Of course I know this device isn't worth talking about, but it is cheap and
    a lot of people could have it.

    If there is no project writing such a backend, maybe I will write one :-)
    but of course there are two problems
    First I don't know very much about the interface of the camera, but it's a
    serial interface and easy to capture with a second PC.

    The second thing is that I don't know alot of the sane structure and I hope
    that some one **out there** could help me starting. I think the best is to
    use a working backend (maybe the DC25 because its a serial cam).
    Are there any driver frameworks out there which can help me starting?

    Best regards

    Michael Petruzelka