Re: medion scanner 9850 or 9852

From: Joseph R. + Martina Eoff (j-m.eoff@t-online.de)
Date: Sat Aug 26 2000 - 05:14:17 PDT

    Heike Mall & Roger Just wrote:

    > Does anyone know if the scanner medion 9850 or 9852 is supported by
    > linux.
    > sane supported the medion 9848
    > thanks roger

    I have a Medion 9850 at work. It is sort of somewhat supported by the
    Mustek_PP backend. As things stand now, gray scale scans seem to work to
    some extent, but the resolution is not correct. Color scans deliver a pure
    white picture. I also find that I have to start XSane and attempt to
    scan. This first scan will drive the scanner sled backwards, and I have to
    cancel the scan. Then exit XSane and restart XSane. Now you can do scans
    that don't run backwards. Strange. Jochen Eisinger gave me a couple of
    tips to try to get it to work better. Check the SANE mailing list in
    August for references to the MFS-600. Although the scanner says Medion
    9850 on the label, it is in reality a relabeled Mustek MFS-600IIIP scanner.

    Joseph