lamp control for umax scanners

From: Oliver Rauch (oliver.rauch@Wolfsburg.DE)
Date: Tue Aug 22 2000 - 15:15:49 PDT

    Hi UMAX scanner users,

    it looks like we get the umax scanner lamp control routines to work.
    I am testing it with Astra 2200 in the moment.
    The control routines have to be enabled in the backend for
    each scanner that support it.

    The scanners that turn off the lamp on their own when the scanner
    is not used for some time do not support software lamp control !!!

    Are there any other umax scanners (than Astra 2200) that do not turn
    off the lamp within one hour when the scanner is not used
    (attention: if the scanner gets an INQUIRY command the time counter
    is reset in the scanner, so if you want to test this, best is to disconnect the
    scanner from the scsi bus).

    Bye
    Oliver

    --