Re: acer 620 u

From: D Milburn (milburn@saturn-mig.co.uk)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2000 - 10:56:03 PDT

    > # find-scanner -v /dev/usbscanner
    > find-scanner: searching for scanners:
    > find-scanner: checking /dev/usbscanner... open ok
    >
    > (and then hangs)
    >
    > # scanimage -L
    > Segmentation fault

    Hmmm... this sounds familiar..!!

    > The scanner is definitely detected and I can see it in /proc/bus/usb/devices.
    > I am beginning to wonder if doing that firmware stuff was correct. Can
    > anyone explain what the firmware stuff does.

    The problem is, it may not have detected as the correct one. Mine reports
    being a FlatbedScanner13 on initialisation, but becomes FlatbedScanner16
    when the correct firmware is uploaded. Are you sure you have uploaded the
    correct firmware? I have to use the u64 one, but I'm assuming you've tried
    the others.
    Are the USB patches in the archive? You may not have the snapscan-usb.*
    there, but with Oliver's permission I'd happily mail it to you (along with
    the other instructions that got mine to work).

    Duncan