Re: Mustek_PP backend and MFS-600

From: Joseph R. + Martina Eoff (j-m.eoff@t-online.de)
Date: Fri Aug 18 2000 - 12:36:50 PDT

    Jochen Eisinger wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > Your obviously using the new "Aldi" scanner. To check this run
    >
    > # SANE_DEBUG_MUSTEK_PP=128 scanimage -T
    >
    > the old (working) scanner reports
    >
    > attach: asic id: 0xa5 ccd: 00
    >
    > and the new reports
    >
    > attach: asic id: 0xa5 ccd: 01
    >
    > Support for the new version will be added soon...
    >
    > -- jochen
    > ["Joseph R. + Martina Eoff"]

    Hi!

    I did a scanimage -T with debug set to 128 today, and got this:

    asic id:0xa5 ccd:05

    I also found that if the scanner lid is open at the start of the scan, then
    the sled runs in the right direction. The scanner has a lid open switch.
    Color scans turn out white. Grayscale and lineart scans deliver a picture,
    but dark and light seem to be reversed. This scanner has an optical
    resolution of 600x1200 dpi, so that when scanimage requests an image 1 cm x
    1cm it actually gets something more like 0.5 cm x 0.25 cm.

    I didn't capture the debug output. If you need it, I will send it on Monday.

    Joseph