Acer ScanPrisa 640UT

From: D Milburn (milburn@saturn-mig.co.uk)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 14:32:24 PDT

    Hi all,

    After my previous failed attempt to get my old Trust 1200 to work, I went
    out and bought a new scanner which had had good reviews in the computing
    press (here in the UK).

    I now have the Acer ScanPrisa 640UT, a USB scanner. I've looked at a
    couple of pages and they seem to refer to patching a 2.3.x kernel. Does
    anyone know of a backport of the USB stuff to 2.2.16, in particular the
    scanner module?

    Once that is achieved (fingers crossed), does my scanner actually have a
    driver or have I bought the wrong scanner(!) ? I know there was a recent
    thread about the 620UT, I am assuming that they are fairly similar. Have
    you had any luck with this?

    Questions questions!

    Thanks in advance for any help,

    Duncan