Re: HP 4P thru 53C400A

From: Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 22:07:02 PDT

    Greg Lehey wrote:

    > On Thursday, 3 August 2000 at 11:18:30 -0300, Ethy H. Brito wrote:
    > >
    > > This is my first post. Please flames will be directed to /dev/null!! :-))
    >
    > When posting, please don't reply to somebody else's message on a
    > different topic. It confuses the hell out of threaded mail readers.
    >
    > > Anyone of you was successful putting HP 4P thru Symbios 53C400A SCSI card on
    > > a Linux (Slakware 7.0 kernel 2.2.16) box to work?
    >
    > I don't think a scanner mailing list is an appropriate forum for this
    > kind of question. I don't use Linux, so I can't answer it.

    The HP 4P is a scanner from Hewlett Packard, the Symbios 53C400A is a
    SCSI card usually delivered with these scanners and I suppose Linux and
    FreeBSD are the only UNIX-like OSes that have a driver for the card.
    So this question has some relation to this mailing list.
    Unfortunately the 53c400A card is difficult to run and I could not help
    either.

    --Peter

    > Greg
    > --
    > Finger grog@lemis.com for PGP public key
    > See complete headers for address and phone numbers

    Peter Kirchgessner
    WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net
    e-mail: peter@kirchgessner.net