Re: Code freeze for 1.0.3

From: Henning Meier-Geinitz (hmg-ml@gmx.de)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2000 - 13:41:58 PDT

    On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:08:11PM +0200, Oliver Rauch wrote:
    > I suggest to leave the frontend entries that are not included into the project.
    > If someone looks at this file he wants to know about what exists or is planned
    > and is not included into the package.

    Ok.

    > So I think you should leave jscan(image) an xsane.
    > I don`t know a link to jscan(image).

    Have a look at the "japi" directory in the SANE distribution. I think this
    is jscanimage, at least the author is identical. If I'm right we might
    remove the entry in PROJECTS and add some information in READEME and
    AUTHORS. It doesn't seem to be fully functional (README.JAVA).

    > Please set a link for xsane to
    > http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane.html

    Ok.

    > you also can add me for:
    > planned win32 port for sane
    > and:
    > planned TWAIN interface for xsane-win32

    Ok (added to "Misc").

    > We also should leave/add the backends that are not included into sane,
    > don`t matter if they are two years old. It is better to start from a 2 year old code
    > than to start from ZERO.

    I will look into the .descs and search the web for some more backends.

    Bye,
      Henning