620UT

From: khobar (khobar@nis4u.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2000 - 19:31:06 PDT

    Well, found out what the heck was causing the firmware upload problem.
    Somehow the file got truncated to a mere 6 bytes!

    Anyway, thought I'd post an update. I still haven't been successful
    getting this scanner working, but I see some positive signs of hope.

    1) scanimage -L now returns FlatbedScanner16
    2) scanimage -T now causes the scanner to make some noise, blink its
    light, and return a page of stuff like:

    scanimage: stopped read, 31 bytes... FAIL No data
    scanimage: stopping scanner

    Scanner LED is now blinking and the scanner seems to be offline or will
    not respond.

    3) I can't seem to compile xscanimage. Some problem with gtk and then
    glib on down the line. Thought I had all that installed. The error I get
    was something about gtk.n and then glibconfig.h. I solved the first
    problem but can't get past the second problem.

    I tried to install glib-profile (only glib rpm left) and it says it
    needs 6MB in /. I've got at least 35MB so what gives with that?

    Anyway,a little closer but not quite there yet.

    Paul Nixon