Re: quick note from the TWAIN/SANE meeting at OLS

From: Petter Reinholdtsen (pere@hungry.com)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 22:22:24 PDT

    [Nick Lamb]
    > Yes, great idea. The proposal for SANE 1.x / 2.x I wrote at
    > http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~njl98r/code/ suggests that the JFIF data
    > would be sent in a frame of type SANE_FRAME_JPEG, a constant with
    > the value 11, but you'd have to hard-code that in your backend for
    > now I suppose.

    It was hard to find out how your draft differs from the current
    standard. Can you give a list of changes? The document should
    probably mention on the front page that it is only a suggested
    standard, not _the_ v1.2 standard.

    Earlier I suggested improving the documentation of sane_init(),
    listing the allowed return values. At the moment, this is
    unspecified, and seem to differ from backend to backend and from
    frontend to frontend. Then, someone wanted to remove the return value
    from sane_init() completely instead, and the documentation was never
    changed.

    --
    ##>  Petter Reinholdtsen <##    | pere@td.org.uit.no
     O-  <SCRIPT Language="Javascript">window.close()</SCRIPT>