Re: Possible sane problem with version 1.0.2 or system

From: Ralph F. De Witt (ralphfdewitt@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 21:30:47 PDT

    Oliver:
    Thanks for your quick reply. The scanner worked well in Windows 95. The only
    new thing to the scanner is the Adaptec 2904 SCSI card that it is hooked up
    too. This is also new to the system. The hardware list in hardware drake shows
    the card as a AIC 7850, which I have been told is correct for the card.

    As for looking at the files, that is beyond my knowledge level, I have no idea
    what I am looking for. So any further enlightenment you can shed would be
    apprecieated. I have also asked Civilme from the Mandrake expert list to help
    also.

    On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, you wrote:
    > "Ralph F. De Witt" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Oliver:
    > >
    > > Checked the data cable to ensure it is connnected w/terminating resistor and
    > > connected on both ends, ensured the was permanently on before booting Linux.
    > >
    > > Ran cat /proc/scsi/scsi as both root and user and came up with
    > > Attached Devices: none both times.
    >
    > Ok, then you should start with the scsi-adapter driver.
    > Read relevant files to your scsi controller in /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/
    > As lon as the /proc/scsi/scsi does not list the scanner sane does not
    > have any chance to talk to the scanner.
    >
    > Did you test it with windows?
    >
    > Bye
    > Oliver
    >

    > --
    > Homepage: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch
    > sane-umax: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-umax.html
    > xsane: http://www.wolfsburg.de/~rauch/sane/sane-xsane.html
    > E-Mail: mailto:Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE

    Ralph F. De Witt

    Proud user of Mandrake 7.1 Linux Register Linux User 168814 ICQ #49993234

    No Windoze were broken in the making of this Message.

    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin